Wednesday 4 April 2012

An inspiring TedTalk

I saw this just the other day and holy crap did it hit home! Lisa Rankin is a doctor talking about what is really wrong with our health. We may eat super healthy, run everyday, get pap smears, etc but if we aren't stoking our pilot light, our physical body will break down. I am learning to take care of my body, mind and spirit after a tumultuous year and a half. The good times I had in my twenties are starting to show up as well, but I don't regret a moment of them. And starting to smoke at the age of 14 - ah, who am I kidding, I experimented with mom's ciggies when I was 11 - doesn't help matters either. Before you get all mad at me, I quit for good on my 29th birthday, it was my champagne birthday on the 29th of August. It was so hot and humid in Toronto and I was smoking and drinking champers with my best friends. I also got dumped the next day, but continued on my path as a non smoker! Another story for another day. 

Figure out what jazzes you and follow through.  "If you don't grow, you'll grow a tumor"


Happy Learning until next time 
tbxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tricia - it's Wendy here - I love this post! It totally speaks to me - very much a part of my process.

    ReplyDelete